Is it safe to eat cinnamon if you have acid reflux?Gaming
Acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) occurs when stomach contents spill into the esophagus. Poor diet, lack of exercise, and stress can contribute to this disease. If left untreated, it can cause inflammation and scarring of the esophagus. One of the natural remedies to relieve the symptoms of acid reflux is cinnamon, one of the oldest spices in the world.
Cinnamon is safe to eat when you have acid reflux. Helps eliminate heartburn by reducing stomach acidity. This also prevents the risk of developing ulcers in the lower part of the esophagus when stomach acid returns to the esophagus.
Cinnamon aids in digestion by stimulating enzymes to break down food more quickly. It also increases your metabolism. By taking it regularly, you improve your digestive health. The ancients often used it as a remedy for many types of stomach ailments.
A study reveals that a teaspoon of cinnamon contains 28 milligrams of calcium. It also has one milligram of iron, manganese, fiber, vitamins C and K.
So how do you take it internally? Here are five simple suggestions that you can prepare cinnamon for safe consumption.
- You can grind the cinnamon stick into a powder. Sprinkle on your buttered toast. Chew the bread slowly and thoroughly to stimulate the production of digestive juices in your mouth. Therefore, before swallowing, the digestion process in the mouth already begins.
- Make your own honey and cinnamon drink. Mix a teaspoon of honey with a pinch of ground cinnamon. Drink it regularly three to four minutes before meals. Helps your body digest food better.
- Add cinnamon bark oil to your cooking. It acts as a flavoring agent.
- You can use it to make tea. This is one of the popular herbal remedies for heartburn.
- Toast the cinnamon stick and nibble on it.
Feel safe to eat cinnamon whenever you have acid reflux. Make it part of your daily diet. With the suggestions above, you can think of more ways to use cinnamon to prepare your food. Imagine that with just half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day, you can be free from stomach problems, gas, and bloating. Not forgetting heartburn.